Monday 22 June 2009

A2 Media Music Video

I will produce a promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music video, together with two of the following three options:
1 – A website homepage for the band
2 – A cover for its release on CD
3 – A magazine advertisement for the CD


I have have to imagine that I am in a new marketing/distribution company and that I have been approached by a new artist/band that have produced an album and want me to market and distribute it. I will also come up with a name and logo for my 'company'.
I am going to design and make an album for the band, but only make a music video for one of the songs.
The band that we have decided to use is my close friends band, The Goodness. The connection that I have with them is very good as we can always talk too them and collect a lot feedback. The song we have chosen to use is called 'Run and Hide'.

Here is their MySpace link:
www.thegoodness.co.uk

Research
I will analyse music videos (and music video directors) of a similar genre.
I will also analyse albums covers of a similar genre and analyse magazine adverts for albums of a similar genre.

I will also have to produce a set of codes and conventions for each of these areas.
I will hopefully get a lot of audience feedback at every opportunity during all my contruction processes.

Here I have embedded 4 videos from a similar genre of music and video from another local (but signed) band, Fortune Drive. The video of 'My Girlfriends An Arsonist' is filmed in the bands practice room which is also The Goodness' practice room, so we now have more of an idea of how we are going to film when there.

No comments:

Post a Comment