Friday 2 April 2010

CD Front & Back Cover & Inside Sleeve Idea

I have designed a few different CD Cover ideas with original images. I will pick one of these to be my final pieces.

Front Cover Designs

Design 1
I think I have done this CD Cover quite well as I have linked it with the song name. This was an original image which I changed and I liked the idea of having a choice to Run &/or Hide. Keeping the title of the band name was simple as I had quite a blank black space at the top, and therefore think that the band name sticks out quite well. I have made the Crown logo red which I think was a good idea as it contrasts really well with the rest of the image being black and white.





Design 2

I think I have achieved some good codes and conventions in this picture as most Indie bands don't have their faces shown on their CD covers but when some do, they seem to almost hide or change the way in which the image is seen. (They are usually looking away from the camera or have something else in the picture that is more the focus point) So I think I have done well to show the bands faces but show the rest of them differently. We also wanted to show something a little more 'playful' and less serious than some other Indie covers.






Design 3
I really like this design as we took the picture
whilst we were filming in the area. Therefore I like
the connection between the song and the front cover. However this isn't usually done with CD covers and music videos so I don't think we will use this as our final idea. Another thing I like about it is the same as the first deisgn and that it is black and white but with the Red Crown logo which helps the cover to stick ou a little more.












Back Cover Designs

Design 1


I really like the original image on this picture as I tried to correspond with some other Indie bands when they show some images of them playing live gigs and don't just pose for an album cover in a studio shoot. I think that making it black and white isn't such a problem as it won't be seen as much as it is a back cover. I think the placement and amount of song titles are perfect for the final piece and I have also managed to fit in some Copyright information, our production company logo, the bands websites (which is now usually found on CD sleeves) and a barcode.








Design 2
I liked the other idea of linking both the video and CD cover so decided to do it again. As the videos narrative has quite a lot of action/fast movement, I think we have captured that in this original image. However, again I don't think we'll use this design as the final one as Indie bands rarely link the video and CD cover together. I do think though that I have done well to fit the song titles, copyright information, band website, our production company logo and the barcode.










Design 3
I again like this image as it captures part of the band (in this case the lead singers guitar) in action. I have had to rearrange the song titles for them to fit a little better with the image but feel I have done well again to fit the rest of the information, logo and barcode in. I have also kept this image in colour and think it would probably correspond better with the second front cover design that has a lot of colours in it.










Inside Sleeve Designs


Design 1
I really like this original image as it is very different to most inside sleeves. I have edited the contrast and colours slightly but think that it is good because it is so different.












Design 2
I like the simpleness of this image but also quite like the way it shows the fact that it shows the drum kit in the studio where the CD was recorded I wasn't too sure about the images lighting and colours so decided to turn it black and white. I think that this would go quite well with front covers 1 & 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment